November 30, 2017… Day 315
Questions asked to Sarah Huckabee Sanders during today’s abomination of a press conference.
- (Steve Holland, Reuters) Thank you. With all these reports about Secretary Tillerson today, could you talk a little bit about the relationship between the President and the Secretary? Does the President have confidence in him? And does the President agree with all of the positions that the Secretary has taken regarding North Korea, the Gulf crisis, et cetera?
- (Cecilia Vega, ABC News, sitting next to Steve) Can we deduce from that that the President has confidence in the Secretary of State?
- Is that a yes?
- What’s his future in the administration?
- (Matthew Nussbaum, Politico) Thanks, Sarah. A question on taxes. The Joint Committee on Taxation says that, by 2027, people making between $40,000 and $50,000 a year will pay a combined $5.3 billion more in taxes under the current bill while those earning a $1 million or more will pay $5.8 billion less. And coupled with that, the University of Chicago surveyed 38 economists. Only one said that the bill would lead to substantial economic growth, and all 38 said that the cut will increase the debt. Is it the White House position that these analyses are wrong?
- The JCT — nonpartisan — their analysis seems to say middle-class taxes would actually go up in a lot of cases —
- Does White House or the Treasury have data that would contradict that?
- (Another guy named Steve) Based on Ambassador Haley’s speech yesterday at the U.N., and the President’s tweet this morning, does this administration now advocate regime change in North Korea? And if not, why not?
- (Jill Colvin, Associated Press) Thank you, Sarah. I want to ask about the videos that the President tweeted yesterday. Firstly, does the President feel that he has an obligation to ensure that the information that he shares on his Twitter feed to millions of people is accurate?
- But does he understand, though, that sharing those videos might incite violence against Muslims? And does he understand that he’s elevated a fringe political group that many people outside of Britain didn’t even know about until he tweeted?
- (John Roberts, Fox News) On that point, Sarah, did the President, when he retweeted Jayda Fransen, know who she was?
- (Alex Pfeiffer, Daily Caller, baby-faced conservative cub reporter) Yesterday, the President tweeted that NBC should terminate Joe Scarborough because of an “unsolved mystery that took place in Florida years ago.” Why did President Trump think it was appropriate to seemingly reference the death of Lori Klausutis in 2001? And does he think Scarborough is responsible for the death of his former aide?
- (April Ryan, American Urban Radio Network, who wasn’t invited to the WH Christmas Party with the others; why are any of these fuckers going to the Christmas Party?) Sarah, a couple things. One, what was the tipping point between President Trump and Tillerson?
- Is the President listening to Tillerson as it relates to North Korea, as North Korea is escalating?
- What about John Conyers? John Conyers is in the hospital.
- What about John Conyers? He’s in the hospital and there’s a call for him to resign. What does the President have to say about that?
- (Jon Decker, Fox Radio News) Thanks a lot, Sarah. Back to Tillerson. Where does the administration think these stories are coming from? Is it difficult, in your view, for Mr. Tillerson to carry out his job as Secretary of State with all of these questions surrounding whether or not he’s going to be in the administration maybe through January of next year?
- (Blake Burman, Fox Business News) Sarah, we often hear the President — or see the President talk about the stock market. We haven’t yet heard from him, though, on a separate but similar issue, which is cryptocurrency. Has the President been following this at all — Bitcoin specifically, the major run-up in it? Does he have an opinion on it? Does he feel or does the administration feel that this is now something that needs to be regulated by the government?
- What kind of monitoring?
- What kind of monitoring?
- (Steven Portnoy, CBS Radio News) Sarah, I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Actually — I hope you feel better — I have a question about the President’s health. Mr. Trump’s predecessors, going back — I checked as far as Ronald Reagan — every year would go up to Bethesda to be looked at by the best doctors in the military, and they would report on their health and their vital statistics to the American public. We have a month left in the year. Does President Trump intend to get a physical at Walter Reed?
- Do you know if the President intends to share any details about his health the way his predecessors have?
- (Toluse Olorunnipa, Bloomberg News) Thank you, Sarah. You read the verse from Luke earlier about how to those who are given much, much is expected. Linking that to tax policy, the President said yesterday that this tax bill is going to cost him a fortune. Independent analysis says that that’s not true; that he’s actually going to save a lot of money and his family could save more than billion dollars. So can you tell us specifically what in the bill is going to cause the President to pay more in taxes than he’s paying now?
- (Unknown person, maybe in WaPo chair?) The President was pretty definitive yesterday when he said he would pay more, that his wealthy friends would pay more. So what was he referring to?
- (Margaret Brennan, CBS News) Sarah, you repeatedly said that Tillerson would help to close out a successful year. Are you saying that he will close out the year? Will he serve beyond that? And when you’re talking about “elevating the conversation” here, does the President normally watch these kind of anti-Muslim videos that have been posted by this group? I mean, is that —
- But that language seemed pretty deliberate by you. Were you really meaning to signal —
- Shouted, unanswered, “Sarah, what about Prime Minister May?” and “Should he vet those videos… before he posts them?”
She’s coughing, she’s wan (she actually looks better without so much make-up –screw you Anthony Scaramucci) and she’s lying and stonewalling like a freaking champ.