June 14, 2017… Day 146
A random picture of Maxine Waters, who looks really pretty in that color:
Mueller (and therefore Rosenstein) live to see another day:
This is on the White House splash page, and I for one plan to comply:
This is splashed on the Trump Hotel in Washington, D.C.:
The transcript of yesterday’s off-camera press gaggle surfaced today. Here are the questions reporters asked Sarah Huckabee Sanders:
- Is the President considering whether or not he will fire or seek to have Robert Mueller fired as the Special Counsel?
- Did the President watch any of the Jeff Sessions testimony? And what did he think?
- Sarah, did the President call the GOP healthcare bill “mean” during his lunch with senators today?
- Has the President authorized Secretary of Defense Mattis to set troop levels in Afghanistan?
- Sarah, the North Koreans sent back a university student who’s in a coma. What does the President think about the fact that this young man is in a coma?
- Can you give us a little bit more detail on that? What do you mean when you say he worked hard with Tillerson? I know this all sort of came to a head, I guess, on June 6th when the United States was informed about his condition. But can you give us some detail about meetings or discussions or what the President had?
- Sarah, the President has said he wants the Republican healthcare plan to be more generous. What does he mean by that?
- Sarah, he said that in public.
- That was in a pool report.
- There has also been talk that a senate bill could even be coming out tonight. Is the President — so far, when he heard from all these senators today, is he happy with the direction that the Senate Republicans seem to be going in? Is he pushing them to be more generous on preexisting conditions? Or — you know, where does he stand in relation to the Senate bill?
- Sarah, do you have any more details on the announcement that’s expected on Friday about changes to Cuba policy? What parts of the Obamacare administration’s policy is the President planning to roll back? And what is he planning to announce in Miami?
- Just to follow up on that, you mean there’s no final decisions? Or you just don’t have them to provide for us?
- But he is going down there despite the fact that no final decision —
- Has the President decided when he’s going to announce whether he has tapes of the Comey conversations?
- What are the President’s feelings on Mueller at this point? Did he interview him for FBI director? And does he have confidence in him in his current role?
- Do you have any more details on the workforce development stuff — whether the apprenticeship program is only in high schools or whether it would be corporations? Any more details on how that would work or how it would be encouraged?
- The President said something today about wanting to have every high school in the country have an apprenticeship program, and I hadn’t heard that in any of the background information. Is that something that’s going to be part of these announcements too? Or was he just kind of speaking a little off-the-cuff on that?
- Do you know how much money was raised?
In related news, I’ve started re-watching West Wing just for Allison Janney as press secretary C.J. Cregg.